DKDM doesn't open DCP with multiple CPLs

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: DKDM doesn't open DCP with multiple CPLs

Post by carl »

In an ideal world I would rather debug this in 2.15.x, since this will quite shortly be the new stable version. Is that possible, or do you need to stay with 2.14.x?
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

I need to open it as soon as possible, so you can add it to any version you want.

The only thing that makes me nervous that in the latest beta I was unable even to open DCP, it gave me an error in first subtitles file (wrote about it in previous posts). But if your fix will also solve this problem in beta than I will be happy )
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Great. In that case can you just double-check that the subtitle file in the error is definitely not there... and I'll prepare you a version of DCP-o-matic with some extra debug logging to try to work out what is going on.

A screenshot of the error you get with 2.15.x would be helpful.
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

Here is the screen shoot
DCP.PNG
DCP.PNG (10.8 KiB) Viewed 6631 times
And the subtitle file you can find in the Files.zip attached to the first message.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

And the subtitle file is definitely at that path? Do you get any more information if you click the "Details..." button?

It could be something to do with the fact that it's on a network share - I'll try to reproduce that.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Looks like a bug related to the use of network shares - if you can avoid that (as a workaround) it might work better. I'll look at a proper fix ASAP.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

2.15.175 should fix the missing file problem, if you would like to try that?
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

Great that's worked! Thank you very much.
What was the reason of the problem?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I introduced a bug which stopped filenames starting with \\ from working on Windows :oops:
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Glad it worked. In this case, what I would do first is move the folder closer to the root folder.
I had some "missing asset" false positives in the past, with extremely long MXF file names and annotation texts/folder names. Especially when they were sorted in subfolders.
I was banging my head on the wall, but I couldn't figure why the file was there but the DCP couldn't even open on player. :lol: