SYZ Source. Adding subtitles

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
funkytwig

SYZ Source. Adding subtitles

Post by funkytwig »

Hi,

Couple of questions. The source files I have are already in XYZ colour-space and have a gamma of 2.6. I can see that I just put in 2.6 as input gamma but how do I tell it not to do colour-space conversion?

Also how do I add subtitles? Does DCP-O-Matic automatically look for a subtitle files called the same name? What format should it be in (and what file extension).

Ben
carl
Site Admin

Re: SYZ Source. Adding subtitles

Post by carl »

Hi Ben,
The source files I have are already in XYZ colour-space and have a gamma of 2.6. I can see that I just put in 2.6 as input gamma but how do I tell it not to do colour-space conversion?
Choosing "none" from the colour conversion drop-down menu should work for this.
Also how do I add subtitles? Does DCP-O-Matic automatically look for a subtitle files called the same name? What format should it be in (and what file extension).
Just click "add file" and specify a subtitle file in either .srt (SubRip) or .xml (DCP subtitle format).

Carl
funkytwig

Post by funkytwig »

Carl, Thanks for that.

Have been sent subtitles but have been given an XML for each reel, so there are 5 files for whole film. Is there a way of using these?

The video is a single prores file.

Basically I am rebuilding a DCP made by a production house in Soho, London. I have a drive which is supposed to have 'Everything I need' It does have the prores (without audio) The DCP which seems to have a directory under the main one for each reel with the subs. There is also a bunch of MXF files at top leven, some ending with _vid.mxf (6) and some _aud.xmf (6).

I have been sent all the XML sub files for each reel for the subtitles and am getting the WAV files.

There is also a DCDM directory with all the TIFFs (split into reels).

Wondering if any of the DCP stuff or TIFFS are any use (the TIFFS are arranged into reels?

Ben
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

You have a few choices... you could add the prores then each of the XML subtitles and make sure each subtitle file's start time is right (in the "Timing" panel).

Or you could add the TIFFs for each reel, then the XML subtitles, and make sure they all start at the same points.

Either way you can then make a DCP with the same reels, or different reels, or just one reel, whatever you want (so long as you use 2.4.11: before then it's one reel only).
funkytwig

Post by funkytwig »

Thanks, so I should be able to recreate the MXF for the reel and replace it in the DCP? Would this screw up the checksum.

We also have another problem. Turns out the DCP was erroneously encrypted. Director wants it unencrypted and we have the DKDM. I am guessing we cant unencrypted it with DCP-O_Matic using the DKDM?

Ben
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks, so I should be able to recreate the MXF for the reel and replace it in the DCP? Would this screw up the checksum.
Yes, it would... with DCP-o-matic as it is today I think you'll have to remake the whole thing.
We also have another problem. Turns out the DCP was erroneously encrypted. Director wants it unencrypted and we have the DKDM. I am guessing we cant unencrypted it with DCP-O_Matic using the DKDM?
You can add the encrypted DCP as content to DCP-o-matic then right-click the DCP in the content list and choose "Add KDM...". If you give it a KDM targeted at DCP-o-matic's certificate then it should all work.