Multi Subtitles on DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
beneufeld

Re: Multi Subtitles on DCP

Post by beneufeld »

I'm having the same problem as rtx was a year and a half ago, and a little further complication.

I created a DCP without subtitles, and now I want to create two new CPL's with English and Greek subs. I create a new DCP in d-o-m, but when I right click the content window and choose Add OV, I get the attached error (An exception occurred: Programming error at ../src/wx/content_menu.cc:396 .

I have also tried importing the OV by clicking the Add DCP... button, however when I do that the "Use this DCP's video as OV and make VF" selection is grayed out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on version 2.12.13
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 3.59.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 3.59.01 PM.png (114.07 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

While this error should be handled by DCP-o-matic more gracefully, you are on the wrong track.

After creating a new project, you need to 'Add DCP', then choose 'Use this DCPs video as OV and create VF' and 'Use this DCPs audio as OV and create VF' - then add the subtitles.

The RightClick 'add OV' option is for adding an OV to an already created/loaded VF, not for creating a new VF.

Maybe we could use a better description for it.

Here's the manual section about OV and VF:

https://dcpomatic.com/manual/html/ch05s03.html

- Carsten
beneufeld

Post by beneufeld »

Thank you Carsten! This was very helpful. I realized the reason that 'Use this DCPs video/audio as OV and create VF' was grayed out for me was that I needed to set the new DCP to SMPTE, like the original OV had been set, before it would appear as a checkable option.
pitch

Post by pitch »

Hi Carsten, may you have an idea about that.
I have an encrypt OV plus a VF with subs, is it normal that Omatic Player doesn't show Subtitltes?