Multi Subtitles on DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
beneufeld

Re: Multi Subtitles on DCP

Post by beneufeld »

I'm having the same problem as rtx was a year and a half ago, and a little further complication.

I created a DCP without subtitles, and now I want to create two new CPL's with English and Greek subs. I create a new DCP in d-o-m, but when I right click the content window and choose Add OV, I get the attached error (An exception occurred: Programming error at ../src/wx/content_menu.cc:396 .

I have also tried importing the OV by clicking the Add DCP... button, however when I do that the "Use this DCP's video as OV and make VF" selection is grayed out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on version 2.12.13
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

While this error should be handled by DCP-o-matic more gracefully, you are on the wrong track.

After creating a new project, you need to 'Add DCP', then choose 'Use this DCPs video as OV and create VF' and 'Use this DCPs audio as OV and create VF' - then add the subtitles.

The RightClick 'add OV' option is for adding an OV to an already created/loaded VF, not for creating a new VF.

Maybe we could use a better description for it.

Here's the manual section about OV and VF:

https://dcpomatic.com/manual/html/ch05s03.html

- Carsten
beneufeld

Post by beneufeld »

Thank you Carsten! This was very helpful. I realized the reason that 'Use this DCPs video/audio as OV and create VF' was grayed out for me was that I needed to set the new DCP to SMPTE, like the original OV had been set, before it would appear as a checkable option.
pitch

Post by pitch »

Hi Carsten, may you have an idea about that.
I have an encrypt OV plus a VF with subs, is it normal that Omatic Player doesn't show Subtitltes?