subtitels XML two lines (english) subtitels in wrong order

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
hammerto

subtitels XML two lines (english) subtitels in wrong order

Post by hammerto »

Hi we are having some problems in creating a DCP with Subtitles in Interop.
We are using a XML file that is correct and we can see the result as a preview on the UI software.

When we are watching at the result we get the subtitles in wrong order, the first Line will be shown as the lower line and the second line will be the first one. I assume that it is a But to be fixed
Anyway I am sending you an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: subtitels XML two lines (english) subtitels in wrong order

Post by carl »

Hi there,
That subtitle file looks right to me; we have "Anshel, could you please" at vposition 14 relative to the bottom of the screen and "roll up your sleeve? -Yes." at vposition 8 relative to the bottom of the screen, so I think your preview is wrong? What software are you previewing in?
mdudzik

Post by mdudzik »

I'd like to agree with Carl, but I believe more common practice is to order it more naturally (first line - the one located higher, second - closer to the lower edge). So probably cinema server would manage and it's just preview software bug:)
Zrzut%20ekranu%202016-03-02%20o%2021.05.53.png
best,
Marek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hammerto

Post by hammerto »

Thanks for your replay
That is the problem, I have sent you a screen shot from a DCP player after using the DCP-O-Matic (DCP Player) as the final result.
on the DCP -o-matic I got a difrent line order.
Please see the enclosed screen shot.
hope that I am clear enough

Thanks