How do I tether 5.1 Mono Audio to the right movie in a compilation

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
KarlJ

How do I tether 5.1 Mono Audio to the right movie in a compilation

Post by KarlJ »

Hey Carl and friends,

I am making a compilation of short films into one dcp from varied source material, some pro-res, some DCP source. On a few of the pro res files I need to take 6 mono tracks and tether them to the movie they came with. How to I stipulate which movie is assigned to which track? My guess is that I put the audio tracks right after the film that needs them, and they tether all 6 to the movie that precedes it in the list. I want to be sure this is the case or learn the right way to do it.

Thanks!

-Karl
carl
Site Admin

Re: How do I tether 5.1 Mono Audio to the right movie in a compilation

Post by carl »

Hi Karl,

You need to use the timeline for this; click on the "Timeline" button next to the content list and you can see how everything is aligned and drag it around until it is right.

That being said there are quite a few bugs in the 2.6.3 version of the timeline, so I would suggest you either download the test version or wait a day or two until 2.7.0 is released.

Let us know how you get on.
KarlJ

Re: How do I tether 5.1 Mono Audio to the right movie in a compilation

Post by KarlJ »

Hey Carl,

We downloaded the latest version when you released, and got on well, and were able to get it all lined up using the Timeline tool. It rendered well with all the sound lined up, and the interface worked smoothly for our tests. It seems you have cleared up the bugs, or at the very least we did not experience any.

Though we had a successful test, we ended up streamlining the workflow by rendering each short independently as we received them, an then stitched the DCPs together once they were all rendered. Being able to stitch DCPs is an amazing feature. We did however find a bug in the trimming process, which I will address in a bug submission.

Thanks Carl! -Karl