Trimming Feature Not Working when stitching DCPs into a single container

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
KarlJ

Trimming Feature Not Working when stitching DCPs into a single container

Post by KarlJ »

Hey Carl + Friends,

I've made new discovery that I was going to post on the bug system, but was unable to make an account due to the capcha feature not working, so I am posting here.

We have been having a lot of success compiling shorts programs, and having made a lot of great discoveries. One issue we discovered is with trimming. We have several films already rendered into DCPS that we are bringing into a new job to 'stitch' together into a single DCP. One of the films had a 5 second leader on the front and back of it that we wanted to trim. We used the trim tool with the film selected, set the 5 second trim on each end, and rendered. What we discovered is that it did not take at all. The 5 second head and tail just stayed. we also noted upon further investigation that the 'full length' variable stayed the same after setting the trims, even though the 'play length' variable reflected the trim. I have attached a screenshot for your viewing pleasure. Note that all the media in the job list is already DCP.

Thanks!

-karl
carl
Site Admin

Re: Trimming Feature Not Working when stitching DCPs into a single container

Post by carl »

That's strange. I just tried it and it worked for me. Could you email me the metadata.xml and log files from that project? (carl@dcpomatic.com). What version of DCP-o-matic are you using?