Interhop DCP error

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
maheelrp

Interhop DCP error

Post by maheelrp »

I have created a SMPTE DCP and it played in all the theaters without any problem. But one theater needed Interop and when created using DOM the theater complained that it crashed their server. I have no other information regarding this. Are there known issues/problems with Interop DCP s created with DOM.
I eagerly await responses.
Thank you.
maheelrp

Re: Interhop DCP error

Post by maheelrp »

I have to include that I have created the DCP @ 250 mb/s.
Thanks.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Some servers are notorious for 'underperforming' when the data rate hits the allowed max spec. Set your data rate to 200MBit/s, and it should be fine.

Ask that theater what server they have and why they need Interop. What is the frame rate of this DCP? How exactly did you create the Interop version?

Though - some people may object, but Interop is still the established standard for commercial DCP distribution. In more than three years of digital operation at our cinema, all trailers and features we received were Interop (and still are). The only SMPTE DCPs on our server were those that I created myself.

- Carsten
maheelrp

Post by maheelrp »

Thanks for the response. It is 24 fps 2K Scope. I will get the server type and let you know. Even the 150 MBIT/s did not help. The server just crash.