DCP screening question

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
aaron.dunleavy

DCP screening question

Post by aaron.dunleavy »

Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions in regards to screening a DCP at a cinema.

Firstly, how long does a typical DCP of feature length take to offload onto a cinema's system?

Secondly, what's the best approach if I'd like to have a still image, or series of still images, displaying continuously before the DCP is screened as guests arrive and so on?

Hope someone can help and many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Aaron
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP screening question

Post by carl »

Firstly, how long does a typical DCP of feature length take to offload onto a cinema's system?
Depends on many factors, but anything from half an hour to several hours.
Secondly, what's the best approach if I'd like to have a still image, or series of still images, displaying continuously before the DCP is screened as guests arrive and so on?
I'd make a DCP of your still images; with DCP-o-matic you can load them all in and then specify how long they should be. Then give this DCP with your feature to the projectionist and ask them to play the still-image DCP over and over until it's time to play the feature. With most projection systems it's easy to make a playlist with the same DCP repeated many times.
aaron.dunleavy

Re: DCP screening question

Post by aaron.dunleavy »

Great, thanks very much! Really appreciate it.

I'll let you know how it goes and if everything is successful with the systems at Vue where I'll be screening. Will definitely be donating too, so thanks - life saver.

Cheers,
Aaron