audio problem with DCP-o-matic on Windows

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
willyfan

audio problem with DCP-o-matic on Windows

Post by willyfan »

I just downloaded DCP-o-matic for windows 64. i use windows 8.1
I have many problems with audio: is impossible to remap mono files, and for long contents i have only mono files for 5.1. You need to have a wav multifile?
beside, I tried with a short trailer, my result DCP have a double duration, when I play for the first half I see the video but not audio, for other half audio is ok but video is black. What is wrong?
And, I'm unable to load some kind of AVI files, although I have filters installed (like cineform).
And that's not all: if the video file, in my case this is a quicktime DNxHD, there is also an audio, I see it in the timeline and there is no way to eliminate it. If I try, is also deleted the video.
Since the audio is mute, may be this is what is causing the first problem.

A request: if I have jpg2k encoded (from other application) is not possible jump the encode stage?

Thanks for help!
carl
Site Admin

Re: audio problem with DCP-o-matic on Windows

Post by carl »

Hi there
I have many problems with audio: is impossible to remap mono files, and for long contents i have only mono files for 5.1. You need to have a wav multifile?
beside, I tried with a short trailer, my result DCP have a double duration, when I play for the first half I see the video but not audio, for other half audio is ok but video is black. What is wrong?
I believe all these problems are fixed in the test version here:
http://dcpomatic.com/test-download.php
And, I'm unable to load some kind of AVI files, although I have filters installed (like cineform).
Are any of these problematic files available anywhere for me to download and test? You can email me links (cth@carlh.net) if that's easier.
And that's not all: if the video file, in my case this is a quicktime DNxHD, there is also an audio, I see it in the timeline and there is no way to eliminate it. If I try, is also deleted the video.
At the moment you need to "remove" it by removing its mapping in the "audio" tab for that video file. I will look at making this better.
A request: if I have jpg2k encoded (from other application) is not possible jump the encode stage?
Noted: thanks!

Regards
Carl
willyfan

Re: audio problem with DCP-o-matic on Windows

Post by willyfan »

Thank you for tour reply. I will download the test versione and I will try with the same file.
Problematic files: I will send to you by wetransfer an short example.
Beside, I will send to you also an italian translation, there si some errors now...
Regards
William