Dolby server doesn't open DCP VF

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Ikram

Dolby server doesn't open DCP VF

Post by Ikram »

Hello everyone!
Please help me. I sent encrypted dcp without subtitles to cinema and sent dcp vf version with subtitles only. They sayd that can't open VF version. Please help me! What I have to do or what they have to do?
Thanks a lot!
scorpio81

Re: Dolby server doesn't open DCP VF

Post by scorpio81 »

Hi!
We need more info.
How did you create VF DCP, step by step? Does VF refer to original DCP? Did you send them KDM for VF? How is VF DCP displayed on Dolby's content list? Does it have red X mark?
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

Hi!
I have encrypted DCP OV without subs that I created in Dom.
Than I created VF version from OV.
1. I created new project
2. Import DCP OV
3. Add kdm to DCP OV
4. Import srt subs
5. Selected DCP and checked "refer to existing DCP" for video and audio.
6. Selected subs and checked "use subtitles" in subtitles tab.
7. Go to Jobs-Make Dcp.

After dcp created I checked it in Cineplayer and everything work good.

1. In cineplayer go to: file-open media
2. Chose my VF version.
3. Cineplayer asked for OV and I chose it
4. Cineplayer asked for kdm for OV, I added kdm and Cineplayer started play DCP with subs.

But in cinema thay can't do this. Thay don't know how to open it. I sent them kdm for OV & VF. Thay can open only vf version but it doesn't play, because there are no audio and video.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The KDMs that 2.10.2 creates are incomplete for the case you describe, which may be your problem. Perhaps you could try the test version from here... if you recreate your KDMs using that version is may help. You should only need KDMs for the VF.
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

No, kdms are good, but they don't know how to ingest vf version in ov.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I only have direct experience with Doremi but there you just ingest both VF and OV as if they were regular DCPs. I suppose it may be necessary to ingest OV first...
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

2 Ikram: I think we need to have a look at CPLs, PKLs and KDMs for both the OV and the VF.

2 Carl: OVs and VFs can be ingested in any order. I can tell that for Doremi, Dolby and Christie IMB. If only VF ingested it is either invisible on content list or visible with a warning that content or assets missing. When later referenced OV ingested, VF should automatically detect newly ingested referenced assets and become visible and without any warnings.
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

Hi scorpio!
Ok, where can I send CPLs, PKLs and KDMs?
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

Also they told me that they can see OV and VF in content without any warnings, but they don't know how to play them together. If they try to play OV, it plays but without subtitles. If they try to play VF it doesn't play and if they jump to any timecode on the screen shows only subtitles.

Can you tell me step by step how they have to play them together, because I don't how works any IMB?
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

You can post those files here as an attachment.
If VF correctly refers to OV then you should play this VF (add it to playlist). The server gets video and audio from OV by reference links (UUIDs from PKL/CPL) and subtitles from VF.
By the way, post here all the file names from OV and VF also - as a text or as an image (screenshot of a folder content).