PKL structure

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
simona_mm

PKL structure

Post by simona_mm »

Hello!

I have tried using dcp-o-matic to create some unencrypted DCPs first, and then tried to play them in VLC using the dcp module (from the patch applied in December), but it failed because of the PKL.
From what I've seen in the PKL file, one cause might be that the assets are missing the OriginalFileName field, requested by the DCSS.
Is there any reason for which the field is missing?
carl
Site Admin

Re: PKL structure

Post by carl »

Hi,

As far as I can see the <OriginalFileName> tag is optional, so I think it is a bug in the VLC DCP module if it requires it to be present. Do you have a reference which says otherwise?

That being said, we could easily add a <OriginalFileName> to DCP-o-matic's PKLs.
simona_mm

Post by simona_mm »

My bad. I assumed the cause without "digging" too much for the answer.
Now I can say that the error comes not from the "OriginalFileName" tag, but from the "dsig:Signature" one. The module from vlc expects a tag of the form "ds:Signature", but the DCPs from dcp-o-matic have all the "dsig" prefix in these tags instead of "ds".
I haven't read too much about XML signatures, but is this a difference between Interop DCPs and SMPTE ones?
simona_mm

Post by simona_mm »

Hello!

Back again!
So, after some research, the qualifier "ds" is not normative, the VLC module needs a patch :-).

Thanks!