Lining up Multi-Reels of Content and audio

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Barak Epstein

Re: Lining up Multi-Reels of Content and audio

Post by Barak Epstein »

ok - update- I tried running it again last night with padding on both audio and video. Trim from start at 8 seconds. trim from end at 2 seconds. got an error ../src/lib/reel_writer.cc:363
The Texas Theatre
www.thetexastheatre.com
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That's something I got when there is a bad combination of in/out points and split reel settings, I had that when I played around with split content and trying to split them again into reels in DOM. I don't know if that actually qualifies for a bug, but in any case, DOM should probably catch that and warn instead of failing. Please send the metadata.xml file to Carl. I could imagine that with trimmed headers and footers, the split-by-content function might become confused, would need more testing around that.

For testing, I set up a couple of reels with suitable test audio, so that I was able to detect any discontinuities around reel changes. I didn't see any, so, I guess currently there is no systematic error in DOM. But these were without any padding or trimming applied.
Hence I can only assume there is something wrong with your pre-split reels. Again, check the audio around the ends and beginnings, and check their lengths in DCP content windows -> right click -> properties. Video and audio have to be exactly same length (down to the sample) in order to qualify for seamless reel joining.

- Carsten
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Carl - it seems you worked on this issue in

http://main.carlh.net/gitweb/?p=dcpomat ... 42e1a4dbd6

Why did this not happen when I tried multiple presplit reels? Which condition has to be met for this bug to occur?

- Carsten
Barak Epstein

Post by Barak Epstein »

just a note that this issue has been resolved. thank you Carl and team!
The Texas Theatre
www.thetexastheatre.com