MXF file format error in Cinema's Server

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rahmani

MXF file format error in Cinema's Server

Post by rahmani »

Hello

I have created Encrypted DCP with KDM, Ingested in a Cinema Server, I put it in the play list but, a message will appear says: " Error in MXF file format"
Can you help me how to proceed?

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers!
Carsten

Re: MXF file format error in Cinema's Server

Post by Carsten »

What type of server? DCP-o-matics DCPs are known to work on all servers, so I guess we need more information what type of DCP you created, which options you chose, how you transferred it to the server, etc. Did you create an unencrypted DCP sucessfully? Are you sure you created the KDM for that specific server with the right process and certificates?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Cinema Server is Nikrad Icinema Server,
Content type: Feature and short both have been tested.
DCP type: Interlop (DCP package with SMPTE is not detected by server)
Video: Container=Flat, Frame Rate=24 (16:9 and 25 frame tested, too), JP2k bandwidth: 50, 100, 6 mbps

After finishing the Jobs in DCP-O-matic I drag and drop the DCP folder and KDM file into USB stick and move it to the server, in server software I chose ingest files and automatically a screen will display my DCP folder, I will confirm and transfer will start to copy the DCP, I see it in the list with Green Unlocked sign. if there is no KDM or wrong KDM the Lock sign will be in red.

I have made Un-encrypted DCP also but, I got the "Can't build graph error -2147220968" message.
In conclusion no chance to play any DCP in that server.
Any Ideas are welcome!
Impatiently waiting for help.
Thank you very much
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I translated the site http://www.nikradcinema.com/index.php/fa/ to english with Google translate.

It appears, that these servers are not DCI servers, but E-Cinema servers, and they only support MPEG2, not the DCI standard J2k. So this server will never be able to play common J2K content (unless they upgrade them someday).

So, you need to find another software to create the MPEG2 files and wrap them into a DCP. As far as I know, OpenDCP still supports MPEG2 wrapping, so, that would be my first suggestion. You also need to find a suitable MPEG2 encoder, but there are plenty now.

You may also contact Nikrad about this, maybe they have suggestions.

- Carsten
Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 13.01.24.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 13.01.24.jpg (94.85 KiB) Viewed 10691 times
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank you for your help.
My files are in MP4 format so I can not make DCP for this type of cinema server? I will try MPEG2 format files for the test and let you know.

I have another problem with film distributors they are using Doremi software to make protected DCP with KDM but, they can not import my certificate and told me this is not valid how can I solve this problem?

Very Kind Regard's
Soli
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yes, you can make videos from your MP4 files, but first you need to convert them to MPEG2, then wrap them to DCP with Open-JPEG. You also need to split the audio into a separate file, because MPEG-Interop DCPs demand that. It is possible that these servers will also play other file formats directly, but you have to check with the manufacturer.

Please understand - as of todays standards, this server can not play DCPs in the strict sense - DCPs nowadays use J2k compression, and these servers can not play any current J2k DCP. They will play, however, so called MPEG-Interop DCPs. This is an outdated standard that was in use 10 years ago, and is still used in some E-Cinema markets. So, your source footage doesn't matter, but you need to convert them into MPEG2, and then wrap them with a tool that still supports MPEG-Interop. There are not many, but OpenJPEG can still do it.

Creating encrypted MPEG-Interop DCPs then is another issue, as they use different certificates than J2k systems. Maybe your second problem is related to this.

http://dcpomatic.com/manual/html/ch09.html

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank for your explanations!
Now I understand the reason behind of my failure that is format file and DCP standard which is not supported by my cinema server.

Very kind Regard's
Soleyman
tantawy.mac

Post by tantawy.mac »

hi rahmani
If you can get it kdm successfully
Please share your experience