Batch converter ?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
amiga78

Batch converter ?

Post by amiga78 »

I can not find any info on the difference between the dcp-o-matic and the batch converter (also installed in the windows version). Can anyone point me to some info on what it does differently?

I kind of hope that it could let me queue some DCPs and render them in one go, but I don't understand how.

I'm preparing a short film festival, and It would be of great help if I could queue up the films, in to separate DCPs with different sizes and frame rates, and then have them converted during the night. :)
carl
Site Admin

Re: Batch converter ?

Post by carl »

Hi,

There's a bug with the shortcuts that I haven't tracked down yet (the batch converter shortcut starts the normal DCP-o-matic). If you go into "Program Files" and then DCP-o-matic and then bin you should hopefully find the batch converter .exe, and if you run that the batch converter should start.

Then you can create a load of films with DCP-o-matic and then load them all into the batch converter and the DCP encodes will be run one-by-one.
amiga78

Post by amiga78 »

Woohoo! Thankyou. It's suddenly all very clear. Thanks for this awesome peace of software!

Now I realize that not everyone would need this but right now, while preparing a shortfilm festival, I wish for nothing more than drag'n'drop. :D
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Again, nice idea! I've added it to the list:

http://carlh.net/mantis/view.php?id=340