Stand alone player for windows

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
funkytwig

Stand alone player for windows

Post by funkytwig »

Hi, my understanding is there is a stand-alone player on mac but not PC. Is there a way of installing just the player on Windows, with an install exe with just the player?

I ask because it would be great to give this to people I create DCPs for so they can test it fully. I have never had a problem but with the longer films I would rather they did the final test as it is quite time-consuming.

Regards, and thank for all the work.
Ben
carl
Site Admin

Re: Stand alone player for windows

Post by carl »

It's just a consequence of how the installers work. On Windows it's easy enough to install the executables and dependencies together, so there's one installer for everything. I didn't find a nice way to do that on Mac, so every tool has a big pile of duplicated dependencies, which isn't so great but has the side-effect that you can more easily just install one tool.

The windows installer creation is a bit painful because the installers must be signed using a tool that only works on Windows, but I'll see what I can do!
funkytwig

Post by funkytwig »

OK, thanks for letting me know. Keepv up the good work.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

I don't know if that helps or perplexes things, but what about the installer with ticking boxes on what to install and what not.
Wouldn't that be only one, but helping funkytwig to only install one component?
Practically, that is the same as what is already there on the installer, but with more choices.
funkytwig

Post by funkytwig »

Probably not worth the effort, mine is a bit of an edge case. It's to give people something to test DCPs with without having to install the whole thing.