DCP-o-matic 2 Disk Writer

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

When we write a 3.5-inch SATA disk, can we plug it in and play immediately on the server bay, right? Without having to ingest copy through a USB device or e-sata port,?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Re: DCP-o-matic 2 Disk Writer

Post by Carsten »

Depends on the specific server. Some allow to play directly off the drive without ingest. But not all. GDCs are known for it. Our Barco ICMP has no CRU slot, but allows to play directly off a USB-drive. Works even through USB 2.0, although it's certainly on the edge and not recommended.
Kewl

Post by Kewl »

Carsten wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:09 amBarco ICMP has no CRU slot, but allows to play directly off a USB-drive.
Wait, what? Did I miss something on our ICMP-X? Carsten, where in the ICMP html interface will I find this?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

You can load a clip into the player directly from the ingest page ('Open in player'). It's a feature added later in the software development, so you may have missed it. It's also available for network ingest sources, but it needs to be NFS in that case (FTP or SMB doesn't work).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orIsKTMg8pc

You can not only play directly off a drive, but also build an SPL with 'Play now' content, so you have full auditorium automation and preshow capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Ilf3mPlB4

- Carsten
Kewl

Post by Kewl »

Carsten wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:22 amYou can load a clip into the player directly from the ingest page ('Open in player').
Hum... I checked and the option "Open in player" is not there, even though the server software is more recent than what is needed. Is there a setting somewhere that has to be turned on?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Did you try this with direct connected storage (USB)? Which login did you use? Last time I tried there was no need or way to enable or disable it.

- Carsten
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

Today I ingest a 2k DCP from an SSD written by a disk writer to a Sony 4K Projector and it succeeded without any problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.