KDM issue Problem !!!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
kmeh7

KDM issue Problem !!!

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi All,

Sorry if i am going to ask a silly question.
I have received pdf file from client as server certificate. (attached with this mail ) The festival guys are saying they have forwarded the same mail to others and they have started receiving KDMs from them.
I think server certificate files always had extension of .pem.
can i issue KDM with received pdf file ? i have added details in the attachement.

thankyou in advance.

kmeh7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdudzik

Re: KDM issue Problem !!!

Post by mdudzik »

Haha, that's funny someone have ever made a PDF with a pem certificate content ;-) As long as you have a server number (233670), you can download valid certificate from https://www.dolbycustomer.com/cinema/Certificates

In this very case you can also copy pdf content into a notepad/textedit file and name it e.g 233670.pem - it will work with DoM KDM Creator as well - but in general I'd be careful with unknown certs so the first solution is better.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yes, very stupid to save a cert into a PDF. And I don't believe no one is having problems with that. In fact, I guess that most actually downloaded the cert and did not use the PDF at all.
If you just copy the text to an editor, you may also get into trouble with incorrect line breaks. So, better download the cert with the serial number from dolby as advised.

- Carsten
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Thankyou for your help.

As advised by you , i downloaded the sever certificate from the link given by you and downloaded the relevant server certificate, in this case serial no is 233670. and gave them appropriate KDM.
i just got message that it is not working.

Am i missing something ? please help.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

You probably chose the wrong cert for creating the KDM.You need to use Dolby-IMB-233670.cert.sha256.pem to create the screen for this server.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

You should also be able to click "Download" in the edit screen dialog, enter the serial number and download the certificate that way.