Possible to edit PKL?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
ritwik.sondhi

Possible to edit PKL?

Post by ritwik.sondhi »

Hi,
I just made my first DCP using DOP. I checked it using DOP player and verified it as well and it came back with no errors. But while uploading it to the QUBE I got the following error: Asset size mismatch for subtitles. I contacted customer care and they told me that the size of the subtitle file and the size mentioned inside the PKL XML is different. Is there a safe way to edit the XML so as to avoid damaging the project? I'm sharing screengrabs for better references. Eagerly seeking help from the experts here.
Thanks you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Possible to edit PKL?

Post by carl »

If the verify in DoM worked, and the sizes don't match later, it almost certainly means that something has become corrupted somewhere. Editing the PKL would only make things worse.

How did you transfer the DCP from the computer you made it on to the cinema?
ritwik.sondhi

Post by ritwik.sondhi »

Hi Carl, thanks for your response.
The thing DoM still plays the DCP well and verifies it with zero errors. The problem is while uploading it via Qube Wire this error popped up. The customer support from Qube stated that the file size of the subtitles doesn't match the size mentioned in PKL. I took outexported the DCP on the same computer but I did transfer it from the internal NVME to the internal sata ssd before trying it on Qube Wire.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Maybe you could right-click on that sub_6a4d2126... file on your computer, select "Properties" and check the exact size?
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

I would try to send all .xml files from the original folder zipped, to make sure that there was no corruption in the way.
I can't say for sure that is your issue, but it looks like file corruption during copy (or upload through FTP with the wrong settings) that I came upon quite a few times.
ritwik.sondhi

Post by ritwik.sondhi »

The size of the subtitle XML is 376832, but in PKL it is shown as 367692. I also believe that the subtitle file got corrupted/modified for some reason, but strangely it was working fine in the DCP-o-Matic player with zero errors. I tested it on Easy DCP+ Demo as well where it showed some error but didn't specify it.
I ended up re-exporting the DCP, and that worked with Qube Wire and Easy DCP+ without any error.
Lesson learned: Run your DCP with as many players as you can get your hands on.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If the DCP with the mismatched sizes verifies OK in the DCP-o-matic player we have a bug!