DOM Player can not play MP4 files

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rahmani

DOM Player can not play MP4 files

Post by rahmani »

Hello,

I made a playlist but there are some MP4 files in the content directory where the DCP folders are located. The MP4 files are shown in the playlist but DOM player(2.16.61 and 2.17.7) will play them with no picture! just I hear the sound track.

@Please, if anyone has encountered this problem, guide me how to play MP4 files in DOM Player? I may be wrong. Can the mp4 file be displayed in the player?

Solomom
rahmani

Re: DOM Player can not play MP4 files

Post by rahmani »

Does anyone have any comments for this topic?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

DCP-o-matic player is a DCP player, not a universal media player. I remember Carl saying that at some time he did a custom project that allowed MP4(?) to be used in the player, but that probably did not make it into the public version.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

As Carsten says it did work once upon a time, I think also in the "public" version, but the custom project was abandoned and the code removed.

That being said, the player uses more-or-less the same code as the DoM preview, so it's probably quite close to working. Why do you need to play MP4 files, out of interest?
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank you for your answers actually, It was playlist editor chose MP4 files for me in the DCP folders. So, It makes me happy to have both DCP and MP4 in the content folder in DOM Player. sometimes we have mp4 files and if it works in DOM Player we may not have extra job to convert it to DCP for playing it in DOM Player.
FYI: now I use VLC in full screen for MP4 and DOM for DCP in full screen(not dual screen!)
I always admire you!

Kind Regard's