DOM Player second screen's Picture position

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
barber

Re: DOM Player second screen's Picture position

Post by barber »

Hi,

I can confirm what rahmani is seeing on a second monitor set to 1920x1080. When I set this monitor to its native 4K resolution, the whole picture is correctly displayed. Tried both OpenGL and "Safe" modes. So the problem is with DOM's dual-screen mode and monitor/projector set to a less than 2K resolution.

EDIT : a workaround using SWRU (http://www.scottandmichelle.com/scott/program/swru.html) : tick "Visible only" and "Nameless" and look for blank - (wxWindowNR). Set width/height to 1920x1080 and click "Set Size".

swru.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thanks for the comments!

I think(if not wrong) wxWindowNR is something different than wxGLCanvas as I see the DOM Player shows the video in wxGLCanvas so, as you explained Barber, the SWRU can change the size and the position of wxWindowNR but can not change the size and the position of wxGLCanvas where the video is playing.
Kindly share your ideas.

Kind regard's
barber

Post by barber »

Hi,
I don't have access to a Windows right now to check, but I think DOM was in "Safe mode", not OpenGL, when I tried this trick with wxWindowNR. Can you try to set DOM in "Safe mode"?
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Hi,
Thank you Barber.

I have tried both "simple and OpenGL" modes but, the results are the same.

Kind Regards
barber

Post by barber »

Hi,
I just checked again and it's working for me. Odd...
- In "Simple" mode, you should have only wxWindowNR and no wxGLCanvas, is that right?
- What are the original width/height values you see in SWRU?
- Did you try to open the DCP before switching to double-screen mode? That seems to work for me too, without having to use SWRU.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Hi,
-Yes, in simple mode just can see wxwindowNR.
-The original width/hight values are 1920*1080 in SWRU.
-Yes I did. But I think the default values for DOM Player when it starts in "window" mode and "full screen with controls on other monitor" mode in "Prefs---> General--->Start player as" are different.
When DOM Player starts in "window" mode despite of simple or OpenGL mode I have picture on the second monitor if we open DCP before choosing full/Dual screen mode! Does it show the picture with correct alignment?
When DOM player starts in "full screen with controls on other monitor" does't show correct picture in dual screen mode(simple or OpenGL).
barber

Post by barber »

So with DOM Player starting in "window" mode, if you load the DCP before switching to Dual-screen display, is that OK? No more overlap on the other screen?

On my side, original width for wxWindowsNR is 2048 (for Scope DCP) and that's why the picture overlaps on the other monitor. It seems that something different is occuring on your side...
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Yes, with loading DCP before switching to dual screen display still we have some overlap(left side comes in from first screen), misalignment(vertically not center), and a white line(bottom-right) as you see in the picture(simple and OpenGL mode)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barber

Post by barber »

Regarding the left side: isn't it the Player window? Can you move/resize it from the other screen?
Regarding the white line and misalignment: I do see it myself on Scope DCPs but changing the resolution with SWRU fix it... I don't understand why it doesn't have any effect on your side. :( Are you sure there isn't another wxWindowsNR in the list? No effect when entering other numbers? Are you clicking on "Set Size" after entering the values? Maybe you can try with other "blank" windows of the list that have a more-than-HD resolution?
I fear I can't help you more, we have to wait for a fix from Carl or another idea.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank you for your useful help.

Regarding the left side: it is the player window that easyly can move it to the other side. Set Size(any config) in SWRU changes the wxWindowNR but not have any effect on the white line and video frame displacement.

I hope Carl have enough free time to fix this issue soon.

Kind Regards