Unable to ingest with Dolby IMS3000

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
immanence

Unable to ingest with Dolby IMS3000

Post by immanence »

Hi all,

I'm new to running a cinema, but I think this is an IMS question. I thought I'd check to be sure. We ingest via a Dolby IMS3000 server. Ingesting DCP's via hard drive from Deluxe works fine, but I had an issue with the DCP I created using DCP-o-matic. The documentation says that the DCPDIG directs the server where to look, whereas the packages I get from Deluxe are a single file, so a little different. But the IMS3000 wouldn't accept a folder upload as an option in the server management system.

I'm not sure what to check next. Has any used DCP-o-matic in conjunction with a Dolby server?

Thanks all!
Carsten

Re: Unable to ingest with Dolby IMS3000

Post by Carsten »

Hmm. Not sure if I understand. Do you ingest directly on/at the server, or do you use a central computer/TMS for content ingest?

The DCPDIG is not targeted at the server directly. It is meant to instruct a human operator what to do with the DCP, or tell him what's in it.

DCPs are never 'single file' - although the server GUI may make you see only a single file, but the DCP is always a folder/directory with a set of files. When you connect a drive to the server, it will usually look what's on the drive and show only files that can be ingested. While a DCP consists of at least 5 files, the server may only show a single item, usually the title of the DCP/CPL.
Last edited by Carsten on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
immanence

Post by immanence »

Hi Carsten,

Thank you - that makes sense. I tried to ingest by hooking the hard drive up directly to the IMS3000 via USB 3.0, but it wasn't detecting the DCP. Then I tried going through the computer as I've done before, and no luck there either.

The files were showing up to ingest, but not the folder. It is probably user error, but I've gone through this process with DCPs, so I'm not sure what I'm doing differently in this case.

Thank you!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Do you know what the disc was formatted like - NTFS, ext2/3...?

Maybe you can try again and show us some screenshots/photos of the server screen.
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

immanence wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:48 pm Hi all,

I'm new to running a cinema, but I think this is an IMS question. I thought I'd check to be sure. We ingest via a Dolby IMS3000 server. Ingesting DCP's via hard drive from Deluxe works fine, but I had an issue with the DCP I created using DCP-o-matic. The documentation says that the DCPDIG directs the server where to look, whereas the packages I get from Deluxe are a single file, so a little different. But the IMS3000 wouldn't accept a folder upload as an option in the server management system.

I'm not sure what to check next. Has any used DCP-o-matic in conjunction with a Dolby server?

Thanks all!
IMS3000 2 days ago ingest with SSD WD 500GB MBR NTFS projected normally, did DCP from DOM 2.16.17
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

immanence wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:48 pm Hi all,

Thanks all!
IMS3000 2 days ago ingest with SSD WD 500GB MBR NTFS projected normally, did DCP from DOM 2.16.17
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.