Help with Folder structure

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
matic

Help with Folder structure

Post by matic »

Hi
I'm doing this for the first time, really appreciate any help!
I need to prepare an external USB drive with few films in DCP format. What I did so far -

1) Purchased 2TB USB type C 3.2 drive and formatted NTFS using MBR partition layout.
2) As the content is already in DCP format, just Copied All the movies along with folders to root directory of the Drive with below folder structure:
SSD (root)

├── Film1
│ ├── ASSETMAP.xml
│ ├── VOLINDEX.xml
│ ├── CPL.xml
│ ├── PKL.xml
│ ├── audio.mxf
│ └── video.mxf

├── Film2
│ ├── ASSETMAP.xml
│ ├── VOLINDEX.xml
│ ├── CPL.xml
│ ├── PKL.xml
│ ├── audio.mxf
│ └── video.mxf

etc...

3) Installed DCP-o-matic and used Player to test each and every movie. They played well.

4) Most of them have hardcoded subs except for couple which has 2-3 subfolders each with a subtitle (of a differnt language) inside and able to play them by choosing diff CPLs by "view --> CPL --> "

5) Did not encrypt as it's not required.
6) Prepared another copy with similar drive.

Could anyone pls suggest if I missed anything or is it good to go for theatre to play without any issues?
Thanks!! :)
Carsten

Re: Help with Folder structure

Post by Carsten »

You may want to add another explicit verification in DCP-o-matic player - it checks data integrity on the drive. Not all issues may be caught by simply playing the content.

But aside from that additional step, you should be fine with what you did already.
matic

Post by matic »

Thank you Carsten for your reply :)

Do you mean Tools --> "verify DCP" in the Player after loading DCP folder ?

I did it on all DCP folders and few folders didn't throw any errors but others returned (1 error per folder)
The following are the errors I got - Are these serious or can be ignored? pls advise.

Code: Select all

The hash of the picture asset j2c.mxf does not agree with the PKL file.  This probably means that the asset file is corrupt.
At least one frame of the video asset j2c.mxf is over the limit of 250Mbit/s.

This DCP uses the Interop standard, but it should be made with SMPTE.
The invalid language tag English is used.

A picture frame has an invalid JPEG2000 codestream (invalid precinct size 0)

A 2K JPEG2000 frame has 2 guard bits instead of 1.
The video asset video.mxf uses the invalid frame rate 30/1.
The CPL 6439b has no CPL metadata tag.

The DCP has no FFOC (first frame of content) marker.
The DCP has no LFOC (last frame of content) marker.

The DCP is a feature but has no FFEC (first frame of end credits) marker.
The DCP is a feature but has no FFMC (first frame of moving credits) marker.
Thanks and best regards,
Carsten wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:02 pm You may want to add another explicit verification in DCP-o-matic player - it checks data integrity on the drive. Not all issues may be caught by simply playing the content.

But aside from that additional step, you should be fine with what you did already.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Most of these are just hints. Were all these DCPs been created with DCP-o-matic ?
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Indeed, as Carsten writes, most are hints.
Those two might be a problem on the ingest and playout respectively:
The hash of the picture asset j2c.mxf does not agree with the PKL file. This probably means that the asset file is corrupt.
At least one frame of the video asset j2c.mxf is over the limit of 250Mbit/s.
matic

Post by matic »

Thanks IoannisSyrogiannis for your reply. Should I ask them to verify at their end and resend them?
Carsten wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:09 pm Most of these are just hints. Were all these DCPs been created with DCP-o-matic ?
I'm not sure as they are not very technical and unable to reach those who actually did it ( I did ask them but no reply until now).
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

In that case, those with hash errors are probably having issues with data corruption.
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

matic wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 am Hi
I'm doing this for the first time, really appreciate any help!
I need to prepare an external USB drive with few films in DCP format. What I did so far -

1) Purchased 2TB USB type C 3.2 drive and formatted NTFS using MBR partition layout.
2) As the content is already in DCP format, just Copied All the movies along with folders to root directory of the Drive with below folder structure:
SSD (root)

├── Film1
│ ├── ASSETMAP.xml
│ ├── VOLINDEX.xml
│ ├── CPL.xml
│ ├── PKL.xml
│ ├── audio.mxf
│ └── video.mxf

├── Film2
│ ├── ASSETMAP.xml
│ ├── VOLINDEX.xml
│ ├── CPL.xml
│ ├── PKL.xml
│ ├── audio.mxf
│ └── video.mxf

etc...

3) Installed DCP-o-matic and used Player to test each and every movie. They played well.

4) Most of them have hardcoded subs except for couple which has 2-3 subfolders each with a subtitle (of a differnt language) inside and able to play them by choosing diff CPLs by "view --> CPL --> "

5) Did not encrypt as it's not required.
6) Prepared another copy with similar drive.

Could anyone pls suggest if I missed anything or is it good to go for theatre to play without any issues?
Thanks!! :)
Move Film1 and Film2 outside the root folder and delete the root folder from the disk. This will open the disk to reveal both movie packages.