DCP-o-matic Disk Writer

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jxmartin

DCP-o-matic Disk Writer

Post by jxmartin »

Hi,

Having trouble having drives be detected in the Writer. It will successfully see the drive upon initializing the app, but it will say "The disk you selected is no longer available. Please choose another", if you try and Copy a DCP.

I will hit "Refresh" multiple times, but the drop down button of the "Drive:" does not pull any items down.
tom.dineen

Re: DCP-o-matic Disk Writer

Post by tom.dineen »

I am having this issue as well on a M1 Mac running Sonoma 14.1.1. I noticed the OS Settings Privacy and Security screen showed a generic image for the application in the Full Disk access screen. Uninstalled Diskwirter 2.16.66 (using the app's File menu) and deleted the app from my Applications folder, downloaded Diskwirter 2.16.67, installed the Drive Tools, and tried and still having the same issue, I added DCP's, selected the drive (SSD Drive), click "Copy DCP" and receive the "The disk you selected is no longer available. Please choose another" error and can not select any drives.

I have tried with three different drives, two thumb drives, and one SSD.

I do have a licensed and up-to-date copy of Paragon's EXTFS for Mac installed as well.

Any suggestions?

Thank you Carl!
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

jxmartin wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:44 pm Hi,

Having trouble having drives be detected in the Writer. It will successfully see the drive upon initializing the app, but it will say "The disk you selected is no longer available. Please choose another", if you try and Copy a DCP.

I will hit "Refresh" multiple times, but the drop down button of the "Drive:" does not pull any items down.
You must ensure that the disk you are writing to has NTFS exFAT APFS files. Do not use EXT2 or Linux systems.
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

Disk Writer will create a Linux disk. With a Windows or Mac computer When completed You will get a DCP disk containing the EXT2 system files.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

You must ensure that the disk you are writing to has NTFS exFAT APFS files. Do not use EXT2 or Linux systems.
This is not the intended behaviour. If you are seeing this, it's a bug.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

To the two original reporters, please could you send me the log file "disk.log" which should be in

Code: Select all

/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/2/com.dcpomatic/2/2.16
Attaching here is fine, or email to carl@dcpomatic.com
RAY-NUE

Post by RAY-NUE »

carl wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:15 pm
This is not the intended behaviour. If you are seeing this, it's a bug.
Refers to the disc that will be used for burning. It is not a completed disk. If written, it will be EXT2.

Because I used to use an EXT2 disk to write on a Windows 10 computer. The result is that the DOM Disk Writer software cannot see the disk. It must be an NTFS or exFAT disk to see it.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Because I used to use an EXT2 disk to write on a Windows 10 computer. The result is that the DOM Disk Writer software cannot see the disk. It must be an NTFS or exFAT disk to see it.
So if you try to write a DCP onto a EXT2-formatted drive with the disk writer, the drive can't be seen in the Disk Writer drop-down on Windows?
tom.dineen

Post by tom.dineen »

@Carl, I emailed you a copy of the disk.log file.

Thank you!