Subtitles validation error

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
catpeople

Subtitles validation error

Post by catpeople »

Hello everyone,

I am new of DCP-o-matic and I work for a little independent distributor in Italy.

We just made a VF out of a very good OV, just overriding logos and adding subtitles. We delivered to cinemas and for now we had just a bad response: "subtitles validation error" told me the guy. So I made many VF changing something every time, for example bits of subtitles from a reel to another and first of all changing the import format (srt, xml - with SubtitleEdit) but the problem still remains. Of course, in DCPoM everything works and also the mxf look good (SubEdit open them).

Reading here in the forum I got that may be the projector (I am waiting for responses from other cinemas), maybe because we have no gaps between subtitles in some cases?

Meanwhile, I am making hard coded versions.

Thank you
Jiyahana

Re: Subtitles validation error

Post by Jiyahana »

Try creating hard-coded versions as a workaround while awaiting responses from other cinemas. Additionally, check that the subtitle formats and their transition between reels are compatible and properly formatted to avoid validation errors.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Try loading the OV + VF into the DCP-o-matic player and verifying it (from the tools menu). That might give some clues about things that are wrong with the subtitles.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

It's important to get more details about complaints. Was it the server that complains during/after ingest, or do they validate using a separate tool. If it's the server, what type/brand of server is it.