DELUXE XML SUBS SIZE COMPLAIN

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jaume(Dolby)

DELUXE XML SUBS SIZE COMPLAIN

Post by Jaume(Dolby) »

Hi Carl,

Just received a complain from DELUXE regarding DCP subs: "Good morning We've detected an error in the content, but we can't confirm which SBC the error is in, as it's a combi. The size of the subtitle file must be less than 256 kb. If not, we cannot ensure that it will be playable on all servers. Here's the screenshot for the mastering lab to check."

I will repeat by custom sized reels in order to reduce XML to boundries (max 256kb)

Question. What happenes if a reel is cut in the middle of one subtitle?

Additionally, a DCP created by reels with SMPTE subs CRASH opening the player all using the current GA version.

Many Thanks

Jaume
carl
Site Admin

Re: DELUXE XML SUBS SIZE COMPLAIN

Post by carl »

Question. What happenes if a reel is cut in the middle of one subtitle?
Sadly that subtitle will be truncated. I am working on some solutions to this problem.

A workaround at present is to split your video and subtitles up into pieces and then set the reels to "split by video content", but I realise this is awkward.
Additionally, a DCP created by reels with SMPTE subs CRASH opening the player all using the current GA version.
Can you give some more details on this? Do you have an example DCP that crashes? Do you get an error message?