DCP-o-matic 2.16.78 released

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

DCP-o-matic 2.16.78 released

Post by carl »

Download it now from here.
  • Fix various graphical errors in the preview on high-DPI screens (#2774).
  • Fix errors when loading VFs into the player in some cases (#2775).
  • Add option to load prefs from ZIP (#2771).
  • Add film duration to dcpomatic2_cli --dump output (#1702).
cintoli

Re: DCP-o-matic 2.16.78 released

Post by cintoli »

Hi Carl,

Compared to the previous version, DCP-o-Matic 2 Player takes longer to verify the DCP. Much longer.

I have a brand new Mac Studio with Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 and with the previous version the verification times were blazing fast on a DCP I had created. Now it takes the same time as it did on my old iMac, if not longer.

What has changed?

Thanks.

Alessandro
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I guess this is caused by the more detailed J2K codestream checking. There is a feature request to make these checks optional.
cintoli

Post by cintoli »

Hi again Carl,

Since the feature request dates back to last year, I had some doubts the problem I was experiencing would be related, so I investigated further.

It seems that the problem lies in my server and -- I guess -- in the transfer speed between the actual computer and the DCP on the server.

If the same DCP is copied on the computer's internal hard disk, the validation process is very fast.

If the DCP stays on the server, the process is slowed down considerably.

The server is connected to the computer via the modem-router by means of an ethernet cable, so I will have to understand why the problem has occurred, without any particular change in the setup, only lately.

So, once again, DCP-o-Matic proves to be an excellent program and it is the user who needs to go back to school :-) 
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Ha ha! Well thanks for letting us know! I hope you can work out what is going on with your network connection.