Any possible solution for Atmos content today?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
hostsurvive

Re: Any possible solution for Atmos content today?

Post by hostsurvive »

I believe that Resolve has the potential to support SMPTE IAB currently, given its capability to generate IMF IAB files. However, for reasons unknown, the developers have yet to incorporate this functionality. Intriguingly, I experimented by attempting to integrate an IMF IAB file into a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) using EasyDCP, but it proved unsuccessful. This suggests there might be distinctions between the two formats.

Nevertheless, it's promising to witness the emergence of SMPTE IAB in commercial releases, as it has the potential to drive progress in this area. The adoption of SMPTE IAB by industry players could be a catalyst for advancements, making strides toward a more standardized and universally accepted format.
izwb003

Post by izwb003 »

Carsten wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:27 pmGreat work!
Thanks Carsten for your encouragement!
hostsurvive wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:16 pm I believe that Resolve has the potential to support SMPTE IAB currently, given its capability to generate IMF IAB files. However, for reasons unknown, the developers have yet to incorporate this functionality. Intriguingly, I experimented by attempting to integrate an IMF IAB file into a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) using EasyDCP, but it proved unsuccessful. This suggests there might be distinctions between the two formats.

Nevertheless, it's promising to witness the emergence of SMPTE IAB in commercial releases, as it has the potential to drive progress in this area. The adoption of SMPTE IAB by industry players could be a catalyst for advancements, making strides toward a more standardized and universally accepted format.
Resolve really supports IAB. There is even a ST 2098 option in its immersive audio settings. The problem is Resolve cannot generate IAB that follows the Dolby Atmos cinema constraint. That's why we cannot make our own Atmos DCPs.

IMF IAB cannot be put into a DCP. It was designed for IMF usage. It's true that there are distinctions. They come from the same specification and each follows different constraints, like different frame-wrapping method and audio encoding method. See my explaination above.

No matter how, I've made my own solution to convert IMF IAB and make Atmos DCPs. Hope it will work and be useful for everyone...
matthieugass

Post by matthieugass »

izwb003 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:08 pm No matter what, it is available on GitHub: https://github.com/izwb003/CineIA_CLI. If someone are interested in it welcome to give it a try. ;)
Thank you very much for this.

I'm not familiar with the terminal on a Mac. Is someone could help me to use this?

Thanks in advance.
izwb003

Post by izwb003 »

matthieugass wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:11 am
izwb003 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:08 pm No matter what, it is available on GitHub: https://github.com/izwb003/CineIA_CLI. If someone are interested in it welcome to give it a try. ;)
Thank you very much for this.

I'm not familiar with the terminal on a Mac. Is someone could help me to use this?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for that but now this program doesn't have a Mac version yet. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to debug and make a Mac version.

Maybe in the near future I will try to rent a Mac to do that. At present, I suggest you to try using a Windows computer for operation.

Of course, if a friend is familiar with source code compilation, he might be able to try compiling a Mac version.
Schmidt

Post by Schmidt »

IAB for theatrical use should ideally be mixed in a Dolby Atmos certified stage with a Cinema MXF rendered through the RMU.
Most Atmos mixes for Home Entertainment (such as IMF) are created in a nearfield setting, with much fewer speakers.
A theatrical Atmos mix can be up to 64 speakers.

Anyways, very interesting experiment!
Jaume(Dolby)

Post by Jaume(Dolby) »

Hi all,

Please note that Dolby currently offers for free the usage of DOLBT ATMOS RENDERER for Cinema for the creation of cinema MXF.

However, the software is offered only to certificated Dolby Atmos Theatrical Studios.

Im considering creating a remote service facility that offers translate any Dolby Atmos format file to Cinema MXF for a modest price. Of course, using a certificate theatrical atmos studio and the rights to use the Official Dolby Atmos Logo.

If any of you think it would be interesting, please let me know. Im able to provide 1st work for free for this forums users.
abaldovi

Post by abaldovi »

Jaume(Dolby) wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 pm Hi all,

Please note that Dolby currently offers for free the usage of DOLBT ATMOS RENDERER for Cinema for the creation of cinema MXF.

However, the software is offered only to certificated Dolby Atmos Theatrical Studios.

Im considering creating a remote service facility that offers translate any Dolby Atmos format file to Cinema MXF for a modest price. Of course, using a certificate theatrical atmos studio and the rights to use the Official Dolby Atmos Logo.

If any of you think it would be interesting, please let me know. Im able to provide 1st work for free for this forums users.
Seems a good offer! :D