DoReMi IMS-1000 - MPEG2 MXF interop

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Rowanmac

Re: DoReMi IMS-1000 - MPEG2 MXF interop

Post by Rowanmac »

If you are willing to test it on other servers I'll post a short MPEG DCP for testing purpose - or clean up code and release the bash script into public domain
I would love to test the output of your script! I had a feeling it might be something "simpilish" to achieve this, but i'm not setup to run the script myself yet as we have no linux at the cinema.

Awesome :)

Cheers,
Rowan
df1paw

Post by df1paw »

Rowanmac wrote: I would love to test the output of your script! I had a feeling it might be something "simpilish" to achieve this, but i'm not setup to run the script myself yet as we have no linux at the cinema.
Hi Rowan.
Please try the download at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1802U ... sp=sharing

Which is this Youtube Video converted to MPEG Interop DCP.
5687 Frames -> 4 min. in a 500 MB Container - so you can get an impression of the data rates involved and the expectable quality...

Please note: if you are not using a media block for showing the MPEG DCP you may have to manually change the colour space to MPEG or RGB (XYZ is AFAIK only used with JPEG2000 sequences)

Regards,
Andreas Weller
filmwallah

Post by filmwallah »

Carl,
MPEG2 Interop DCPs would be of great help to some people like us as India and many Asian countries halls having Mpeg2 DCP servers quite outnumber DCI servers.
Subrata
varun

Post by varun »

filmwallah wrote:Carl,
MPEG2 Interop DCPs would be of great help to some people like us as India and many Asian countries halls having Mpeg2 DCP servers quite outnumber DCI servers.
Subrata
yes, in india many systems still support only MPEG2, and creating small promotions to MPEG2 is very difficult, if you have find a way to do it please contact me. it would be great help.