black frames

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: black frames

Post by Carsten »

Wow - not an integer number of frames? Now if that isn't weird...

What does that passage in the metadata file look like?

Wondering wether it could have something to do with the source MXF files? That's 25fps? Has it been created with DCP-o-matic, or with another application?

- Carsten
director

Post by director »

Dear Carsten,

the original DCP has been created by a Clip-Station and has been running in movie-theatres.
Tried the same procedure with 24fps as well. Also tried yesterday to do it in 2 steps. First one cut. Then another procedure for the second one. In any cases, problem remains.

Cheers,

-director-
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think the problem is that the "trim after" and "trim before" buttons do things slightly wrong and set up trims which can include parts of frames. This confuses the rest of the code.

I've fixed those buttons in my local copy and I'll try to get another test release out tomorrow.

In the mean time, if you send me just the metadata.xml that you are working with I can fix it by hand...
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

So, would there be no black frames/non-integer frame numbers, if the trim positions would be entered by numbers and SET, instead of by using the trim-up-to/trim-after current buttons? That would be a quick fix, although it may need a bit of trial and error, but should give proper feedback in the preview window.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

That's right.
director

Post by director »

Dear Carl & Carsten,

I tried to re-enter the numbers in the trim windows and used set to confirm. This didn't bring the desired solution on my end yet. I will try to encode one more time and start building it from a new project. The metadata.xml of my last attempt you find enclosed. Looking forward to hear from your results.

Warm regards,

-director-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The trims look OK now but the positions of the different parts are slightly out. Perhaps you could try opening the timeline, enabling "snap" and then dragging the different parts so that they align precisely with each other (so that the end of one is at the start of the next).
director

Post by director »

Dear Carl and Carsten,

You are right, this resolved the issue. Thank you two so much for your quick and competent help.
You're the greatest!

Heartfully,

-director-