Help for setting up encoding server

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: Help for setting up encoding server

Post by Carsten »

That's strange. Mine came without windows, I inserted a plain-vanilla WIN7Pro setup DVD and off it went. I did not have to install ANY dedicated drivers. Later on I downloaded a special RAID driver from Intel when I wanted to try the board-assisted RAID function. Didn't you buy the offer including a windows license? My machine definitely is able to boot from USB.

Did you only get a WIN license code with the machine?

- Carsten
Last edited by Carsten on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisSP

Re: Help for setting up encoding server

Post by KrisSP »

It did include a Windows (OEM) license – but no disc. I thought I could just download the image, but apparently they are not freely available online. So there might be a chance that the image I got hold of was not the right one (it was for Win7 Home, but from what I could read online that was supposed to work, and rather upgrade to Pro later – I suppose "supposed" is the key word there).

The BIOS says on boot that it can only boot from HD or optical drive. It might be a BIOS update can fix that. I've just burned an Ubuntu disc, and thought I would try that to see if that could work, to at least confirm that the HD works. Otherwise I will try to track down an original Win7 disc somehow.