RtApiDs::getDeviceInfo: no device found

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
scozz76

RtApiDs::getDeviceInfo: no device found

Post by scozz76 »

DCP-o-matic 2.11.10 64-bit
Windows 10

I get this error on two of my slave machines when I select 'preferences'. The main encoding machine is fine.
DCP-O-MATIC_ERROR.jpg
Could this be due to no audio adapters enabled on those two machines?

**EDIT**
Problem solved - It was due to the audio adapter being disabled on the mainboard (audio not used on those machines)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Re: RtApiDs::getDeviceInfo: no device found

Post by Carsten »

Yup. No audio at all is rare, yet Carl should probably catch that condition. Not being able to get to prefs at all is nasty ;-) Some machines may have only USB or HDMI audio devices, but not always connected.

- Carsten
Eriksson

Post by Eriksson »

Was there a fix for this?
I have some small Supermicro 1U computers out for remote control of servers, projectors and so on. These have no sound devices at all.
Not a big issue, but it would be handy for the (remote) projectionist to have the DCP player running to look at aspect ratio and subtitles of trailers when building playlists in advance (home in bed).
Would a possible workaround be to temporary connect a USB sound device and turn something off in preferences?

/M.E.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I think Carl solved that issue a while ago. But a cheap USB audio converter would do as well. I would have a hard time currently to dig up a machine without audio for a quick test, most of my machines have multiple audio interfaces.

- Carsten