KDM listed as Invalid

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
fredfred27

KDM listed as Invalid

Post by fredfred27 »

I am trying to make an encrypted DCP from an existing DCP. The encrypted DCP builds fine and loads with no problem, but no matter how I make the KDMs, they will not load in a Sony XCT-M10 or Sony LMT-100.

I have used versions 2.10.5 and 2.12.5.
I have made the encrypted DCP Interop and SMPTE.
Made the KDMs from the "Jobs > Make KDMs..." window.
Made a DKDM with "Jobs > Make DKDM for DCP-o-matic..." and used it to make KDMs in "DCP-o-matic 2 KDM Maker".
Each time I made KDMs, I made them in all flavors, Modified Transitional 1, Modified Transitional 1 (without AuthorizedDeviceInfo), DCI Any and DCI Specific.
Set the date range from a year earlier until 100 years in the future.

I have tried all of these variations of KDMs, and none would work. I am sure I am using the right certificates because the servers are seeing the KDMs. The error message I get on the XCT-M10 is always "Failed to import because KDM is invalid." You can see a photo of the error message below. The LMT-100 gives me a variation of the same. I have made many DCPs with various programs (even back in the days of opencinematools), and like DCP-o-matic the best. It is killing me that I can't crack this.

Thanks, Maury
Attachments
Error from Sony XCT-M10 Media Block
Error from Sony XCT-M10 Media Block
Ritz1_Error.png (84.45 KiB) Viewed 9710 times
carl
Site Admin

Re: KDM listed as Invalid

Post by carl »

Hi Fred,
Can you email me (carl@dcpomatic.com) the KDM you made and the certificates you are using?
Thanks,
Carl
fredfred27

Post by fredfred27 »

They have been sent. Thanks
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Sony works for me, at least in Interop. Maybe you got the certificates wrong. You need to supply the M10 (leaf) certificate to dcp-o-matic.

The PEM file should have 'XCT-M10_<serialnumber> in it's file name.

- Carsten
fredfred27

Post by fredfred27 »

Carsten,

I am using the correct certificates for the projectors, When I was loading into the media block, and had KDMs for multiple screen certificates in the same folder, the block only showed the one for itself as available for ingest.

Maury
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

A hundred years into the future will not work, because the M10 certificate will expire earlier (around 2043). Yes, like replicants, they have a limited built-in life span.

Try again with a more realistic time frame.

For now, use the standard 'Modified Transitional 1' for both Interop and SMPTE DCPs.

- Carsten
fredfred27

Post by fredfred27 »

Carsten,

I'll give that a try. I was just going on the idea that the DKDMs produced by DoM were set for 100 years. I can see how the certificate and KDM could conflict.

Thanks,
Maury
fredfred27

Post by fredfred27 »

Carsten,

I made mt1 KDMs with valid times of one week and one year. Both worked for the Interop DCP on a Sony XCT-M10 and Sony LMT-100. I also did this for the SMPTE version I had on the XCT-M10. While the KDM loaded fine, both gave me the error that they were out of the date range, but they were actually not. I am starting the SMPTE version over from scratch to make sure I do all correctly. The working Interop DCP and KDMs were made on version 2.12.5 of DoM. I have not tested the 2.10.5 version.

Cheers,
Maury
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

KDM for SMPTE DCP on Sony M10/510/515 is still not solved. We are working on it, and it appears that this problem is solved when using the latest software on the Sony (1.54.0). We are still trying to solve it for previous Sony software versions as well, but it's complicated...

- Carsten
fredfred27

Post by fredfred27 »

I tried a new SMPTE DCP today. While it will ingest the KDM, and show it as available on the central server software, the projector won't play it. An error saying that the dates are invalid shows on the M-10 screen. On the LMT-100, the DCP just won't play.

I am happy with using Interop, so my problem is solved. Hope things work out with the SMPTE troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Maury