Encrypted DCPs cannot play back on Sony XCT-M10 IMB

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
dcpmaker

Encrypted DCPs cannot play back on Sony XCT-M10 IMB

Post by dcpmaker »

Hi, I met exactly the same issue as the thread of (http://main.carlh.net/pipermail/dcpomat ... 01135.html).
Encrypted DCPs packaged by DOM2.12.4 cannot play back on Sony XCT-M10 IMB and it gives the error: 'CPL xxx is not playable. Time period of the CPL or KDM is not present.'

The problem described by the old thread is as following:
There seems to be an issue with encrypted SMPTE DCPs on Sony SRX-R510/515 (XCT-S10 Server) machines.

While unencrypted and encrypted INTEROP DCPs work, as well as unencrypted SMPTE DCPs, encrypted SMPTE DCPs do not work. They seem to ingest fine, and the KDM is properly attached to the content, but when trying to play, it gives an error: 'CPL xxx is not playable. Time period of the CPL or KDM is not present.'

KDM type is Modified Transitional 1.

This may be a Sony specific issue, but maybe someone has an idea what is going on. Seems that a signature method for the CPL or MXF is not supported or handled properly?
Could anyone help to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!
Carsten

Re: Encrypted DCPs cannot play back on Sony XCT-M10 IMB

Post by Carsten »

Create an Interop package, or upgrade the Sony to software 1.54.

It's a weird issue that seems to be an issue of the Sony SMPTE verification, but might be solved by DCP-o-matic as well. However, so far, we haven't been able to track down the necessary changes. Carl has already spent a lot of time on this, and we're really puzzled why all attempts to solve this so far failed. Sony acknowledged it in the release notes for the 1.54 software version, but didn't reveal enough information about the cause.

- Carsten
dcpmaker

Post by dcpmaker »

Hi Carsten, Interop DCP works on Sony IMB.
Thank you so much!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi Carsten,

This has popped up again in an email. Do you have any idea whether it's fixed in DCP-o-matic, or do we still need the Interop workaround?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Do you have any details - DCP-o-matic version, Sony software version? Maybe they ingested an 'old' DCP?

As you remember, I retested verify and decryption just recently, and our Sony still is on the software version which doesn't cure the issue by itself.

If necessary, give my email to him/her, and I will get in contact.

- Carsten