6 mono tracks for 5.1

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Miriana

6 mono tracks for 5.1

Post by Miriana »

I made video with 5.1 from 6 mono tracks sent to me by sound designer.
Now I want to use the original 6 mono tracks instead
How do I know which audio the DCP will be using - the audio from the video or the 6 mono tracks I received from the sound designer

Here is my timeline
TIMELINE.jpg

The mono tracks show like this
Mono track in content.jpg
And the audio in the video show like this
AUDIO in VIDEO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scorpio81

Re: 6 mono tracks for 5.1

Post by scorpio81 »

Hi!
Select your video file in the content list and on the Audio tab deselect all audio channels. Then check the timeline - there should be only 6 mono tracks left.
Next thing - check the channel mapping. DOM should automatically assign DCP channels to every mono file based on the channel designations in the file names but you just need to be sure the channel mapping is correct.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

You can also right-click on the first (lilac) audio track (the one immediately below the video track) and choose 'remove'. That will set it silent in the audio matrix and it will vanish from the timeline view. You can then set the audio parameters for the individual mono tracks. In general, working with separate monofiles for multitrack in DCP-o-matic is not such a good idea, as you need to make sure that all parameters (position, trimming, level, etc.) are set identical for every content item, AND have the proper routing in the audio matrix. An interleaved/multichannel file makes this much easier. If you get it sorted out with mono-files, though, there is no quality or performance issue.

- Carsten
Miriana

Post by Miriana »

Thank you both for your replies. Very much appreciated
Miriana