Color transform and playback in DCP player

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Sami S

Color transform and playback in DCP player

Post by Sami S »

Hi!

First of all thank you very much for the excellent player that has been just released. I've just started to learn using the DCP-o-matic and have a few basic questions.

There seems to be less contrast in the DCP player preview when compared to for example EasyDCP player demo (xyz -> rbg rec bto709) which is an exact match to what I see in Premiere Pro preview window. Will there be a possibility to adjust the color transform in the player in the future?

There is quite a few dropped frames when playing the DCP with DCP player. Is it possible we will see some improvement in playback in the future with GPU acceleration?

Also I was very excited to see that you can make a DCP direct from a Prores file in DCP-o-matic. I assume there is no downside to using a Prores file instead of a JPEG2000 as a master?

Thank you! I will be making a donation soon. :)

Sami
carl
Site Admin

Re: Color transform and playback in DCP player

Post by carl »

There seems to be less contrast in the DCP player preview when compared to for example EasyDCP player demo (xyz -> rbg rec bto709) which is an exact match to what I see in Premiere Pro preview window. Will there be a possibility to adjust the color transform in the player in the future?
Yes, I intend to tighten all this up. At the moment various shortcuts are taken which affect colour accuracy.
There is quite a few dropped frames when playing the DCP with DCP player. Is it possible we will see some improvement in playback in the future with GPU acceleration?
I certainly hope so, though it's not trivial.
Also I was very excited to see that you can make a DCP direct from a Prores file in DCP-o-matic. I assume there is no downside to using a Prores file instead of a JPEG2000 as a master?
I haven't tested it but I doubt you'd see much, if any, difference.
Sami S

Re: Color transform and playback in DCP player

Post by Sami S »

Thank you Carl!

One more question. When I create a DCP with 5.1 audio it is read as "6 channel Wild".

Audio channels is "5.1" and Layout says "Wild track format with 6 channels".

Is this as expected? All my other DCP's created (not by me) say layout is "5.1".

Thanks!