Certificate Problem

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
altf78

Certificate Problem

Post by altf78 »

When I try to make a DCP it gives me a error: The certificate chain for signing is invalid (certificates do not form a chain).

Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Andre Tavares
Carsten

Re: Certificate Problem

Post by Carsten »

Which version of DCP-o-matic is that? Did you perform an update immediately before?

I guess you don't need a consistent signing chain, so I suggest you go to prefs and recreate the signing certificates. They may have become corrupted, or, you may have played around with the individual certs at one time. To be on the safe side, another option would be to backup your config.xml, then delete/rename the existing one so DCP-o-matic can create a fresh config on the next start. Make sure none of the DCP-o-matic applications is running while you do that.

You should be careful with recreating certs/dumping your config only if you created encrypted DCPs or KDMs before. The occasional backup of these certs and also a full config.xml is important in that case. Think of it as a pin for your bank or credit card.

- Carsten
altf78

Post by altf78 »

Hi Carsten,

I'm using version 2.12.12. The problem is when I try to recreate the signing certificates it shows another error related to certificates (see image attached).

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andre Tavares
altf78

Post by altf78 »

Also I just installed the program so I never created KDMs before.
Andre Tavares
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Looks like a catch 22. Carl has to look after this, I guess. Maybe you can locate your config.xml and email it to him for now? Which OS do you run DCP-o-matic in?

Hmm, strange, this doesn't seem to be a general issue - when I install 2.12.12 without a previous config being present, everything is okay, as expected, and during the first start, a fresh set of certificates is initialized, also I can recreate signing certificates without that error popping up.

- Carsten
altf78

Post by altf78 »

Hi Carsten,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I was wondering if it can be related to permission to write in the folder where the certificates are placed.

Thanks!
Andre Tavares
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That is possible, but typically, that location is your user appdata directory, and you should have write permissions. Can you try to look up your prefs there? If you can see them there, try to rename or delete them.

https://dcpomatic.com/faq?id=23

- Carsten
altf78

Post by altf78 »

Hi Carsten,

I deleted the config.xml and solved the problem.

Thanks for your help. :D
Andre Tavares
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Good. Maybe something went wrong during the first start.

- Carsten