DCP O Matic 2 Player Could not open MXF File for reading voume#### Mac Mojave - Linux drive

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
AWS

DCP O Matic 2 Player Could not open MXF File for reading voume#### Mac Mojave - Linux drive

Post by AWS »

Hello,

I am not able to read my DCP for a linux formated drive made successively with extFS (extfs2 an extfs3) for mac last version (of the day) and with Cinematiq DCP Transfer(wich is extfs2).

A PopUp shows : could not open MXF file for reading (/Volumes/PFK_DCP/xxxxxxxxx_FTR_F_EN-XX_INT_51_2K_NULL_20180710_NUL_SMPTE_OV/502a620c-0a61-4a08-a65f-4818f241257c_pcm.mxf) (error -101).
An error occurred whilst handling the file 502a620c-0a61-4a08-a65f-4818f241257c_pcm.mxf.

I use extfs for mac to read the disc

The DCP works perfecly from an Exfat formated disc
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 6.14.27 PM.png
VLC can read the video and the audio track separately, so I am wondering if the problems comes from DCP O Matic 2 Player

CONFIGURATION
MacOS Mojave
Version 10.14
MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2016)
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Startup Disc MAC HD
Graphic Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16368 MB
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Does someone has an idea how to be sure the file is good ? (Cinematiq DCP Transfer says it is ok when it generate it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Re: DCP O Matic 2 Player Could not open MXF File for reading voume#### Mac Mojave - Linux drive

Post by Carsten »

>extfs

You mean Paragon?

- Carsten
AWS

Re: DCP O Matic 2 Player Could not open MXF File for reading voume#### Mac Mojave - Linux drive

Post by AWS »

Yes I mean Paragon,

So to summarize the problem is more about the capacity of DCP O Matic 2 Player to read a DCP from a linux Partition with mac OS (using Paragon to read the linux partition).
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

And that's probably the reason for this issue. Hard to say who is guilty here. Paragon was always performing a bit flakey for me. Fortunately, this is not mission critical, usually, the readspeed of non-native fs drivers is not high enough to give a decent playback, even leaving out DCP-o-matic players own performance problem. For now, you need to play it from a Mac native partition.

A better solution would probably be DCP-o-matic installation in either a virtual Linux environment, or a native Linux running from a separate startup disc.

- Carsten