Log warnings

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
CRogers

Log warnings

Post by CRogers »

First render just finished and my log has a tremendous amount of these warnings. Any ideas?

WARNING: No codec found for stream 2

Warning: "... XYZ value(s) clamped"

At the end it says "transcode job completed successfully"

Source was 4K ProRes4444 in P3
Render machine: dual Xeon / 28 cores
Windows 10 Pro/64bit
Carsten

Re: Log warnings

Post by Carsten »

4k:4:4:4:4 Prores may be a bit exotic for ffmpeg to handle. But maybe there is just a second stream in that file that isn't needed (e.g. timecode), or maybe it is the (assumed empty) alphachannel.

I guess it would be helpful if you supply a few seconds of that clip to Carl. There is also an ffmpeg digest log file in your project folder which tells something about the file. You could post it here or send it to Carl. Have you checked the finished DCP in player?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The "no codec found" is nothing to worry about; probably a metadata channel that FFmpeg doesn't read.

The XYZ clamped is (potentially) more serious. It means that out-of-range colours were clamped in the output. Have you watched the result?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

>The XYZ clamped is (potentially) more serious. It means that out-of-range colours were clamped in the output. Have you watched the result?

How could this happen for an XYZ target color space? Maybe when the wrong P3->xyz conversion was configured in DCP-o-matic?

Which constraints does DCP-o-matic follow when clamping?

- Carsten
rlsound

Post by rlsound »

I'm having a similar issue but it's causing DCOPMATIC to crash. 2.14.7

" Consider increasing the value for the " analyzeduration " and " probesize " options.

Prores 422 1920x1080 file. Never seen this before and this machine handles prores files with ease usually.