BATCH CONVERTER

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
enriquelaffranconi

BATCH CONVERTER

Post by enriquelaffranconi »

Hi.

Im trying to use DCP-O-Matic on a Mac and I have problems to use the BATCH CONVERTER.

I open the software but I can not add any film.

Is this software create a batch of several films in to a diferent DCP?

I work in a FilmFestival and I have several films to transform into a DCP, does Batch Converter this work more easy?

Thanks.
Carsten

Re: BATCH CONVERTER

Post by Carsten »

You need to set up and save projects ('films') first using the main application. You can then send them into the batch converter queue from within the main application, or load the saved projects for batch processing from within batch converter.

But: You first create a new, empty project, before you can add content/media to it. The file open dialog is referring to project files, not media files.

I always prefer to refer to DCP-o-matic conversion projects as 'projects', not 'films'. 'Project' is what I use in the german translation. Seems that some beginners get this wrong, and then try to open video files using the file open dialog. Unfortunately also, the file open window is titled 'Select film to open' in the englisg GUI.
In german it says 'Select project to open'. Same in batch convert 'Add project'. Maybe at some point, Carl will rethink the 'film' term for the original english language GUI. I think 'film' goes back to the very early days of dvd-o-matic when really not much more than a straight video conversion was possible. DCP-o-matic has come a long way since then, and with all the options and methods it offers now, it really is appropriate to deal with 'projects'.

- Carsten