Only encoding subtitle to .MXF

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
zlstl

Only encoding subtitle to .MXF

Post by zlstl »

Hi~

In my case already have video and audio .mxf file.
But sometime I need only subtitle encoding to .mxf with command line (I only can use CLI...)

This is my cli
1. for subtitle encoding only

Code: Select all

./dcpomatic2_create -o C:\SUBTITLE --container-ratio 239 --content-ratio 239 -f 24 --no-use-isdcf-name --no-sign -n subtitleMXF C:\SUBTITLE\subtitle.srt
2. Start encoding

Code: Select all

./dcpomatic2_cli C:\SUBTITLE
This cli can get subtitle.mxf but it creates video(black screen) and audio(empty sound) mxf file together.

But, Can I encoding subtitle only? for speed up.... because video(black screen) with audio(empty sound) mxf file no need to me.

anybody have any suggestion?
Carsten

Re: Only encoding subtitle to .MXF

Post by Carsten »

I think I saw something in the progress column of the website about subtitle export - but don't know what it means yet.

In general, encoding a subtitle over empty video/audio doesn't take very long (about 30s for half an hour runtime), and the temporary space needed is just a few hundred MByte so, personally I don't care.

If you're CLI bound, why not use asdcplib right away? This is for wrapping individual assets.

https://www.cinecert.com/asdcplib/
https://carlh.net/asdcplib

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The subtitle export feature is close to what you need, I think. You can save out subtitles from a project in Interop XML format.

I think it would just need extending to support SMPTE and also to be accessible from the command line.
zlstl

Post by zlstl »

thank you for your reply~
I will be try asdcp lib to make subtitle.