"Some files have been changed"

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Puffin

"Some files have been changed"

Post by Puffin »

Hello!

I successfully created a large, feature-length DCP and now I want to modify the ISDCP folder name. From what I understand, I shouldn't do that on my own since it can cause errors, so I should just re-open the recently created DCP, make the title change, and then re-export it. When I tried this, I received the following error:
Some files have been changed since they were added to the project. These files will now be re-examined, so you may need to check their settings. Choose 'Make DCP' again when you have done this.
It then "Examines content" for about one second and appears "OK". I reselect "Make DCP", and I get the exact same message quoted above. Repeat forever, and a new DCP is never made.

To explain:
I made a giant DCP, and then only afterwards realized I never assigned a language to the ISDCF title. In order to keep the nagging festival contacts happy, I would like the title to include EN-XX so they know it's in English and don't bug me about an improper title. So I reload the DCP with all of the files still in their place, make one change (ISDCF details - Audio Language:EN), and then select "Make DCP" and I get the above issue.

Any help appreciated!
Carsten

Re: "Some files have been changed"

Post by Carsten »

So I reload the DCP with all of the files still in their place
You mean, you reloaded the original DCP-o-matic project that you used to create that DCP? If the 'Some files have been changed' message pops up, that means that DCP-o-matic has found some changes to some files since you created the DCP the last time. That doesn't necessarily mean a problem. It is at first just a hint that you may have to check settings for this file again. Normally, you should be able to create the new DCP right away.

In general, it is very easy and straightforward to create a new DCP with just some changes to it's name - load the project, change the DCNC name where needed, Make DCP, and it will only take a few seconds to create the new DCP.

- Carsten
Puffin

Post by Puffin »

Yes, I tried both reloading the original DCP-o-matic project and starting a new project and adding the finished DCP to it. Both of them result in the "Some files have been changed" message, and then nothing happens and no new DCP can be made.
Puffin

Post by Puffin »

Also, I'm not really sure why it would even say anything has changed, since I literally just made the DCP and then once it was finished re-opened the same project. Nothing should have changed.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Strange. Are you running on Mac / Windows / Linux? I may need to give you a debug version to find out why the changed content check is tripping.
Puffin

Post by Puffin »

Mac Mojave. I am also very new to the software. I was able to create two feature-length 2k DCPs with seemingly no issues (though I haven't been able to verify them in a theater yet.) I'm just trying to change the title and that's where I'm getting this weird issue.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What happens when/after you get that message? Can you continue to work in the application?

If you click 'Save', then quit and reopen - what happens then?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Perhaps you could install this version, then repeat the error and send me the "log" file from inside your project? carl@dcpomatic.com
schmaxx

Post by schmaxx »

Hello folks,

Did this problem ever get solved? I am having the exact same issue. I'm running 2.14.41

Thank you kindly

Max
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks to Max's logs we think this is caused by importing the current DCP-o-matic project into itself, meaning that the "log" file (which is often changing) is spotted by DCP-o-matic as changed.

This should be impossible to do in 2.14.42 and 2.15.106.