Again and again issues.

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
radomarkov

Again and again issues.

Post by radomarkov »

[rant deleted]

Now current illustration. From the release of February 2019 all new versions freeze and do not respond when big mxf (non dcinema) or wav is put with "add files". Mxf structure is ok, wav is fully compliant, but on "examining content" and calculate digest (why you calculate digest before using this file?!?) it stay for infinite (my best record 10 hours). Platform is windows 7 latest updates.DOM version - latest official. Of course, I have no time to debug your crappy software and cannot provide you with more info. If this is enough to debug - you are really great programmer, if not - make conclusion yourself.

[rant deleted]
carl
Site Admin

Re: Again and again issues.

Post by carl »

From the release of February 2019 all new versions freeze and do not respond when big mxf (non dcinema) or wav is put with "add files". Mxf structure is ok, wav is fully compliant, but on "examining content" and calculate digest (why you calculate digest before using this file?!?) it stay for infinite (my best record 10 hours). Platform is windows 7 latest updates.DOM version - latest official.
Aha, a bug report! Can you confirm the DCP-o-matic version number? It's just that "latest" depends on when you say it. Can you send me the "log" file from inside your project? Do you get the same problem with other file types?
Of course, I have no time to debug your crappy software and cannot provide you with more info
Oh, dear :(
why you calculate digest before using this file?!?
It's not a proper digest, it's just a quick partial digest so that we know when a source file has changed.

Very best wishes,
Carl
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

I have no time to debug your crappy software
May I remember you that you are not a client?
You are enjoying the privilege of using great free software. So there are no reason to be rude.

Do you really thing that if the program had this problem it would have been existing in every version for almost a year without someone else would have found the bug also?
I have been running every version of DoM and this have never happened here.
This has something to do with your computer setup/hardware and if you are only going to be rude nobody is going to be interested in helping you out of this issue.

Even if I knew the solution to your issue I would not even post it here. Rude person doesn't deserve any help :)

But the software is not the problem.
radomarkov

Post by radomarkov »

Ok. I Don't use the software - I just keep an eye on 3 of 3 months if it finally begin to work.
If it do not work on some systems this is NOT good credential for the programmer. Even more that my system is windows 7 up-to date, well managed and minimalistic configuration. So everything else work, only DOM do not. And before February 2019 it worked. It mean programmer make some changes on the code that he don't know what they produce and what consequences on the stability they may have.
Latest official version of DOM mean official version published on this site on the date this complain appear. I just download, install, see as usually it do not work, make (useless) complain and go further. Till next 3 months when I'm sure it still will not work.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Ok. I Don't use the software - I just keep an eye on 3 of 3 months if it finally begin to work.
Why? Just so you can come onto this forum, complain and be rude to everybody? Or is there another reason?
I just download, install, see as usually it do not work, make (useless) complain and go further
Do you know why your complaint is useless? Have I explained that successfully, yet? It's because

you are choosing to make your complaint useless.

In the same time it took you to complain, again, you could have answered several of my simple questions, which would signficantly increase the chances of this bug getting fixed. Let's go over those questions again:
  • What version of DCP-o-matic are you using?
  • Can you send the "log" file from inside the project?
  • Do you have the same problem with other file types?
  • Can you send a screenshot of the program when it has frozen?
If you come on the forum again in 3 months complaining about the same thing with no more details I am just going to delete your account.

Kind regards,
Carl
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

radomarkov wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 am Even more that my system is windows 7 up-to date, well managed and minimalistic configuration. So everything else work, only DOM do not.
Windows 7 is now officially discontinued and Microsoft wont make any more updates.
https://www.lansweeper.com/news/are-you ... d-of-life/

Software programs are always developed with the current technology in mind, since Windows 7 Microsoft have releashed Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10.
So I am going to suggest that you update to Windows 10 because support for all programs will slowly start to disappear in Windows 7 since it is officially dead at Microsoft.

I hope everything will work fine after you update. Have a nice day :)
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

DCP-o-matic is running perfectly fine in WIN7. Well, in WIN7-64... In WIN7-32, it doesn't make much sense due to memory constraints.

Radoslavs' Business is creating DCPs for money. He simply is not interested in having free open source software for DCP creation, because that enables everyone to make their own DCPs.

As such, he should be very happy that DCP-o-matic isn't working for him.

Banning free and open source software from cinemas is on his agenda for years.
Maybe someone should tell him that all DCI servers run Linux...

- Carsten
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

Ahh ok I see.
Making DCPs and DCP versioning is also part of my business but I own Dolby CineAsset Pro for all money making works.
But even if I have CineAsset I still always have DoM installed on all of my computers and I have never any problem with it.

The reason for why I have CineAsset is not because I thing DoM is not good enough. DoM is great and amazing software.
But the pros with CineAsset is only that then I am offering my services with tool that people can't get on their own and since I do so much DCP localization it is no problem getting DKDM since CineAsset is on The Trusted Device List.

So my bottom line is. DoM is open source software but nothing about being open source mean that it is not great software.

If EasyDCP would decide tomorrow that they are closing the company and start giving the software for free and publish the source code... Will that automatically drop EasyDCP to amateur category just because it suddenly is open source and free? No, of course not. And the same goes with DoM. It is great software and nothing about it is amateur just because it is free.

That said I find it so rude of ranting about the software is bad, witch it is not.