DCP has ghosting after it has been made

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP has ghosting after it has been made

Post by carl »

It could be some weird interlacing artifact. Where did the MKV originally come from?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Maybe they set up the projector in the wrong mode.

I suggest for another test, they should play a basic 2D trailer right ahead your DCP.

I remember that recently friends of mine had wrong colors during their test in a cinema, and later on, it turned out that staff had the projector still set in 3D mode from the night before.

Please open the video MXF of your DCP in VLC (3.x), cue to some clear scene, and create a screen shot (video snap shot in VLC->video menu).

Can you upload your DCP metadata files (CPL, Assetmap, PKL) here?

- Carsten
Teknisk

Post by Teknisk »

we are not playing any 3D movies on the projector and this is the only film it is happening on.

the interlacing issue does ring a bell. the MKV we made here from a Bluray movie. using DVDFab
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I wouldn't know why a BD-RIP would contain interlacing. You should see that in the MKV as well.

The source parameters in your metadata file does not hint towards that. Looks like a plain 24fps file. Unless your ripping software did more than just ripping.

Maybe you should check your source file closely.

You could also set a trim in your project, encode a small portion of the file, and upload the video mxf here.

What server are you playing this on? Which version of DCP-o-matic are you using?

- Carsten
Teknisk

Post by Teknisk »

im off on holidays for now will be back at work in a week. i will try and get something up then. will come with full system specs, version of DCP o Matic and so on, thank you for all the help so far
Teknisk

Post by Teknisk »

i have found the issue of my frame repeat/Ghosting. the guy that had configured the projector had been a half job, the settings for where the image was projected was incorrect. i have now tested again and all looks fine after i corrected the settings for our 4:3 mode.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Great, thanks for coming back to us and letting us know! :D
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What projector and server? I have never heard or seen anything like this.

Can you please load the MXF of this DCP into VLC, cue to a useful position, and create a VLC video snapshot (video menu), the upload it here?

I have a hard time to believe this is actually something in the DCP. Did you check the video filters before creating the DCP?

- Carsten