Please Help Clipster VS DOM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Cooller89

Re: Please Help Clipster VS DOM

Post by Cooller89 »

carl wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:04 pm
How to remove identification tools? information is written in CPL and PKL files repeatedly
Actually that needs some changes to DCP-o-matic; I'm working on it ... I'll let you know when it's done.

Thank you very much, I will wait with impatience
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

Carsten wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:50 pm Can you tell us more about your relation to this studio? What were you doing for them, what are they supposed to do with your DCP in Clipster? Are they in your home country, do they speak your native language?

- Carsten
I made an OV package for them and a VF package with subtitles. Both packets are encrypted. I sent them these packets and DKDM for their station. What they should do with the packages, they don’t tell me
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

If they use a Clipster, why didn't they make these packages themselves? Just trying to figure out why they get on you about the software you used...

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

DCP-o-matic 2.15.81 has a new preferences panel "Identifiers"; if you go in there and change everything to something suitable (but don't leave anything empty) it should mean that the resulting DCP has no clear identifiers of openjpeg/libdcp/DCP-o-matic in it.

It doesn't mean that it's impossible to tell that the DCP was made by DCP-o-matic, but it should be much harder.

Unfortunately you will need to re-make your DCP. You can do that from the same DCP-o-matic projects you already have, but you need to delete the video folders from inside your DCP-o-matic projects before you start, otherwise DCP-o-matic will re-use the old video files (with the unwanted metadata).
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

Carsten wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm If they use a Clipster, why didn't they make these packages themselves? Just trying to figure out why they get on you about the software you used...

- Carsten
I do not know that
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

carl wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 pm
DCP-o-matic 2.15.81 has a new preferences panel "Identifiers"; if you go in there and change everything to something suitable (but don't leave anything empty) it should mean that the resulting DCP has no clear identifiers of openjpeg/libdcp/DCP-o-matic in it.

It doesn't mean that it's impossible to tell that the DCP was made by DCP-o-matic, but it should be much harder.

Unfortunately you will need to re-make your DCP. You can do that from the same DCP-o-matic projects you already have, but you need to delete the video folders from inside your DCP-o-matic projects before you start, otherwise DCP-o-matic will re-use the old video files (with the unwanted metadata).
Carl, thank you very much, I will try this version
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

carl wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Carl, I also noticed that MediaInfo does not correctly show the resolution if the packet is encrypted

как добавить фото на форум
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

OK, I added a bug for that.