I hope this finds you well. I am happy to announce that we're finally on the way to a new, stable, 2.16.0 release of DCP-o-matic!
The first part of this is 2.15.151, also known as DCP-o-matic 2.16.0 alpha 4, which you can download now from the the website.
Highlights of 2.16.0 include:
- A "Disk Writer" tool to write ext2 drives from Windows and macOS (see note below!)
- CPL metadata and markers support.
- Much improved DCP verification in the player.
- Compliance to most of the new SMPTE DCP Bv2.1 Application Profile.
- Native support for Apple Silicon.
- And a long list of other tweaks and improvements that you can read about here.
- Test: make DCPs, export DCPs, write disks, add strange content, make complicated playlists... Report any bugs / strange happenings to either:
- the bug tracker
- the forum
- me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Translate: if you are interested in helping to translate DCP-o-matic to a language other than English, consult the website and get in touch on email@example.com to make sure work isn't being duplicated!
Testing of the "Disk Writer" tool is especially appreciated. I don't feel like it has had sufficient widespread testing for me to be confident in releasing it. If it works for you (or if it doesn't) please do email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
If the level of testing stays low I might need to take it out of the 2.16.0 release and think about what to do next.
All the best!