2.16.0 alpha 4

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

2.16.0 alpha 4

Post by carl »

Hello everybody!

I hope this finds you well. I am happy to announce that we're finally on the way to a new, stable, 2.16.0 release of DCP-o-matic!

The first part of this is 2.15.151, also known as DCP-o-matic 2.16.0 alpha 4, which you can download now from the the website.

Highlights of 2.16.0 include:
  • A "Disk Writer" tool to write ext2 drives from Windows and macOS (see note below!)
  • CPL metadata and markers support.
  • Much improved DCP verification in the player.
  • Compliance to most of the new SMPTE DCP Bv2.1 Application Profile.
  • Native support for Apple Silicon.
  • And a long list of other tweaks and improvements that you can read about here.
It would really help the project if you could:
  • Test: make DCPs, export DCPs, write disks, add strange content, make complicated playlists... Report any bugs / strange happenings to either:
  • Translate: if you are interested in helping to translate DCP-o-matic to a language other than English, consult the website and get in touch on carl@dcpomatic.com to make sure work isn't being duplicated!
The plan from here is to release as many alphas and betas as are needed until bug reports die down, then roll 2.16.0.

Testing of the "Disk Writer" tool is especially appreciated. I don't feel like it has had sufficient widespread testing for me to be confident in releasing it. If it works for you (or if it doesn't) please do email me on carl@dcpomatic.com

If the level of testing stays low I might need to take it out of the 2.16.0 release and think about what to do next.

All the best!

Carl