subtitle presets ...

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
MatzeHali

subtitle presets ...

Post by MatzeHali »

Hi there,

I'm diving into soft subtitles, and thus, DCP-o-matic, because a distributor is asking for them, and from years ago when I first did that with OpenDCP, I still have my exact settings, including best readable font file, sizes and stuff, so this is what I always want to use.
I have recreated this now with one subtitle track in DCP-o-matic and would love to save it as a template so every subtitle track I load, ever, is getting treated with these settings.

Is there a way?

Thanks,

M
IoannisSyrogiannis

Re: subtitle presets ...

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Custom presets or ready templates do make sense in more settings than for subtitles.
For instance, we do have "Default JPEG2000 bandwidth" in preferences, but the demand is different if we are to build a 2K or a 4K DCP. That goes also for Scope and Flat.
Besides the practical benefits, I would welcome a thread, then, where such presets would be exchanged or introduced.
I find such exchanges in favour of community growth and I learned a lot in different occasions. :)
carl
Site Admin

Re: subtitle presets ...

Post by carl »

If you do this you should be able to get close:

1. make a new project
2. add some subs
3. set up the subs with your preferred settings
4. File -> Save as template and give it a name

Then when you do File -> New, tick "From template" and choose your template and any subs you add should get your settings.