Where are Self DKDM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jean Paul

Where are Self DKDM

Post by Jean Paul »

I have a main machine that encrypts DCP. For sure measure I have created a back up one with the same Keys, I'd like to import in KDM Creator the DCPs DKDM that I have in the previous machine made with the option "create self DKDM", but I cannot find them. Is there a way to also change the directory it searches for it so that having a shared network I can have a shared folder where both look for them?

Thanks,

JP
Carsten

Re: Where are Self DKDM

Post by Carsten »

->Preferences->General->Configuration file

However, that will not only share the certs, but all configuration options.
Jean Paul

Post by Jean Paul »

What I am looking for are the "films" on the right side of the KDM Creator. In the DKDM window.
I used the config file but it hasn't brought in the CPLs
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Selfkdms should be contained in config.xml. You can load config.xml into an editor/browser and look for entries under
<DKDMGroup Name="root">...</DKDMGroup>

It is also a good idea to export them, so you can store them in discrete files, in case your config.xml goes missing/corrupt.
Jean Paul

Post by Jean Paul »

Weird it hasn't imported them. Will double check what is going on.

Thanks
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Do you use 2.14.x oder 2.15.x?

There seems to be a bug in 2.15.x (I'm using 2.15.171). I was using both 2.14.x and 2.15.x. When I 'trashpref-start' 2.15.171, there is a '2.16' subfolder created in DCP-o-matic 2 prefs. It contains a config.xml, and an analytics.xml. However, when I start KDM Creator, another set of prefs is created in the '2' prefs folder, and it looks as if KDM Creator is reading it's prefs, and thus DKDM list from there. Means, at least here on my (Mac) system, DKDMs created with DCP-o-matic 2.15.171 go to the config.xml in the '2.16' folder, and DKDMs read by KDM Creator are read from the config.xml in '2'.
When I copy the config.xml from the '2.16' folder up one level directly into '2', KDM Creator shows all DKDMs stored.

Yup - I can e.g. set different values for number of cores used for encoding in KDM creator and DCP-o-matic main, and they stick. They use different config.xml files. The 2.16 prefs folder is probably a test or compatibility feature for the transition to 2.16 stable.

Carl?

I'll download the full 2.15.178 now for confirmation. I remember I had a few unofficial test versions installed as well.
Yup, the 2.16 folder ist created in 2.15.178 as well. Probably in all '2.16Beta' Releases. So, don't mix version numbers, take a look into your prefs folder.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-17 um 18.37.47.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-17 um 18.37.47.png (19.11 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I changed later 2.15.x versions to copy the 2.14.x config on first start and save it in the 2.16 subdirectory. The idea is to make it safer/easier to revert to 2.14.x; without this change if you start 2.15.x then a 2.14.x it will insist on recreating the config.
Jean Paul

Post by Jean Paul »

I haven't complitely followed the implications, mostly cause I was trying to have everything work from the same extact config file put on a shared storage, I will try to understand what all this means for my workflow. Seems not much.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I was mostly worried to have somehow messed up the original config file, once that sis not the case. Everything else can be dealt with.