DCP-O-Matic Player menu missing

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
tom.dineen

DCP-O-Matic Player menu missing

Post by tom.dineen »

I am working in DCP-O-Matic Player V2.15.188 on macOS 12.1 (Monterey) on a Macbook M1 Max and I made a change in the preferences to set it so the player will use two screens, one with the control interface, and the video on the second screen, and now the menu bar is hidden and will not unhide. I tried turning of the Hide Menu Bar setting in system preferences but that did not fix it. when I open DCP o matic the menu bar is hides immediately upon launching.

I can do the Command + O to get the open dialog to show up, but is there a key command to show the preferences menu so I can change the preferences back to where it will show the menu again?

Thank you!
Carsten

Re: DCP-O-Matic Player menu missing

Post by Carsten »

Can you try F11?
tom.dineen

Post by tom.dineen »

F11 is not working, it is mapped in the OS to "Show Desktop" so it is not pulling up a preferences menu. I turned off the Show Desktop shortcut but it is still just showing the desktop.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

For a quick solution, backup your preferences to a ZIP, then trash your prefs.

You can also load your preferences file into the Text editor and manually reset the player display settings if you're keen enough. I had that issue a couple of times as well, although using standard system F-Keys and F11 then solved it for me once I had set it up properly.

Goto Library (press ALT-Key to see it)->Preferences->com.dcpomatic->2->config.xml, open with TextEdit, search for 'PlayerMode', set to:

<PlayerMode>window</PlayerMode>

Save config.xml, restart Player.

Until these issues are solved (ultimately, we probably need a DCP-o-matic keyboard shortcut to cycle through window modes), you can put a shortcut to your config.xml file onto your desktop to access it quickly.
tom.dineen

Post by tom.dineen »

Okay, I see what I need to do to change the view mode now on a Macbook, I need to hit shift + function key + f11. But when it goes out of the Dual Screen mode it will not let me access the menu bar without closing the app. When I reopen the app all works normally. For now, I think I am good. Thank you for the instructions on editing the config.xml.